Mathew 5:41

And whosoever shall compel thee
to go a mile, go with him twain.
Matthew 5:41

Monday, March 16, 2015

Thank you so much for sharing news from home that is much much needed.  I am in the Chinandega Zone, in the Divino Nino Area.  This week has been pretty great. 
 

The church strengthens us and allows us to renew our covenants with Heavenly Father.  The Sacrament cleanses us, really it is like we get cleansed from our sins every week.  If we don't partake of the Sacrament we can't fully utilize the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I want to be with you guys forever, and the only way that can happen is we stick to God's will and obey the commandments.  I'm going to be very furious if I can't be with you guys forever, don't let me down.  We met a ton of people, got some baptismal dates, and worked with some people to go to the temple.  It's all going pretty well.  This one family have been members of the church for less than a year, and their dad is already the President of the Priest Group. 
Mi Casa
The ward is super nice, and they help me with my Spanish, which is great.  I love it here, but it's definitely a very very different world.  I got bit by one of the many stray dogs in the area.  It wasn't bad, just a nibble, it didn't go through the pants.  We use our Book of Mormon to hit them away.  ( I told him to carry a big stick and use that to hit the dogs away.)
 
We have little shops every 10 feet in this area called pulperias.  They sell soda and juice.  I get juice all the time, and it's super cheap, less than a dollar every time, everybody drinks Coke, Pepsi, or Fanta down here, it's everywhere!!!!  They have plastic bottles or thick glass ones for Fanta and Coke.
 
They pour the soda into bags and keep the bottles, so yep... we drink from bags, it's kinda cool.  They sell juice and popsicles in bags as well.  My favorite is peanut popsicles and coconut popsicles.  Oh man they also sell frozen bananas dipped in chocolate.  We eat rice, beans, eggs, chicken, and lots of fruit juice, that's amazing!!!!!

I have seen some freakin crazy bugs out here.  I killed a fat roach last night with my Spanish book,and I killed a fat cricket this morning with my shoe.  These things are so big that when I step on them they pop like an explosive, and they are about the size of Alex's fist.  I don't need a camping shower, our bucket shower is dope no worries. 

Bucket Shower
The cold water is a blessing in this hot part of the world.  (When I asked him how it worked this is what he said.)  You just pour water on your body, suds up for a few minutes, then pour on a couple more buckets, it's the life my friends.
Near Mi Casa

I love you so much, and I am so looking forward to being with you again.  This work is tough.  I don't know the language and I struggle to make sentences, but I'm getting it.  The Lord is working with me, and I am so thankful for your support.  This week was much better.  I'm learning faster, feeling better, and I'm more at home.  The ward is pretty big.  They have a much bigger church than we do, they don't fill the pews, but they are great and very friendly and very loving!!!!  Keep emailing and updating me, I love it.
Love you guys








No comments:

Post a Comment