Mathew 5:41

And whosoever shall compel thee
to go a mile, go with him twain.
Matthew 5:41

Thursday, April 14, 2016

April 11th Branch President

Hey guys this week went fantastically.
So, I'm sitting outside our house.  It's morning time.  I just finished washing my clothes  by hand, and now I'm writing a letter to you guys while laying in my hammock.  The week went pretty well.  I experienced my first Sunday in Condega, and it was pretty awesome.  Here in Condega the church is just beginning.  We meet in a sewing shop, and I am Branch President.  I really like it, but it is definitely a challenge.  The Lord has blessed me with a lot of responsibilities, but at the same time a huge opportunity for success.  I am still district leader, and I am training.  
We are working in an area so new that it's only been about in existence 5 or 6 months  It is very difficult, but I am learning a lot.  My zone leader, Elder Ferrin, has helped me a lot, and has taught me a lot about how to be a district leader.  With these responsibilities my point of view has changed a lot.  I feel as though I am becoming the missionary and person that God wants me to be.  I have become more patient and I have obtained a work ethic that will help me so much in the future.  
It was a toughie,  but in the end everything worked out super well. We managed to bring a family of 9 to church. Right now we are working in El Valle de Jesus, a cool little part of town that is super receptive. One of the streets has a woman that is going to get baptized. She showed us to her daughters, the daughters showed us to their friends, so now we are teaching almost the whole street. It's going really well here.  we finally managed to grab ahold of the area and find some super awesome people!!!!!!  I want to thank you Mom and Dad for putting up with me and getting me out on the mission.  These experiences I have had and will have are changing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment