Mathew 5:41

And whosoever shall compel thee
to go a mile, go with him twain.
Matthew 5:41

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hey guys, this week went great, even though it was a little bit crazy. In this mission the missionaries say harron azul alot. It means to do everything you can to accomplish something with out breaking the rules. It also means crazy attempts to do things. This week we had several harron azul divisions. I spent sunday night in the Zone Leader's house last minute. Then, later in the week Elder Martinez spent the night in my area, and the next day Elder Pozuelos, one of our ZL's spent the night in my area as well. Both know almost no English, so  divisions were a little difficult but worth it. My Spanish improved greatly, and my teaching skills as well. When I was with Pozuelos I started and ended every lesson, and he helped me out whenever I needed it. This week began the 6 months of rain. Tuesday night we had a monster lightning storm with rain. Right now the rain is average, nothing too crazy, but everyone has told me it turns into wild storms in a few weeks. I am enjoying the thunderstorms here. Each bolt of lightning is clearly visible and they are all sorts of colors. Unfortunately, when it rains all the ants want to come into the house, so I have been fighting off small ants that bite hard and large ants that fly and bight even harder. The biggest ones are the size of my thumbnail and have pincer teeth. This week I learned that The Book of Mormon is more important than we sometimes think. Many of the members in Nicaragua only read the bible out of habit. We always ask if they have been reading in El Libro De Mormon and they always reply with the bible. All of the members who do not read in the Book of Mormon are inactive and unhappy with life. We have been told in General Conference that if we read our scriptures, go to church to partake of the Sacrament, and pray everyday, we will be able to beat everything life throws out. I am seeing this in Nicaragua everyday. Members who live in tin shacks with plastic doors read, pray, and go to church consistantly, and they are happy. They are progressing, they make mistakes but they are improving. Those who are more well off  and have a house, feel as though they are safe, they don't read, they don't pray, and they do not go to church. They are not happy and they are not progressing. They do the same things everyday. One of our less actives takes pride in working on Sundays. She wears it as a badge of honor, when in reality she and her family are in a very sad state. If anything, I would like you guys to know this church is awesome. We have the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Set goals temporally and spiritually. Don't take pride in things that really have no VALUE. Anyway, that's what I've got for you guys this week.
Peace out guys,
Your man Elder Scaggsy Boy Down in Nicaragua


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment