Mathew 5:41

And whosoever shall compel thee
to go a mile, go with him twain.
Matthew 5:41

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January 18th Hermana Ortencia Baptism One Year Mark


Hey everybody, this week we had many miracles and many awesome experiences. We wanted to help a family of 2 get baptized, but in the end only the mom Hermana Ortencia got baptized. She is an awesome lady of about 5o years. She lives way out in the middle of no where with her family but she has a lot of  fight in her. She has come to church with us without fail for 3 Sundays in a row. My favorite thing about her is that when we pass by our other investigators to bring them to church, she shoots down their excuses. Sometimes they come out with a headache or clothes to wash, and she walks up to them and says "we are going to church though right."  She taught Elder Williams and I an evangelical song about oil from heaven it was pretty funny. When she got baptized, our recent convert Juan showed up. Juan has helped us out almost every single day this week. He wants to be a missionary, so he is reading and helping us teach. Every day we can see that his knowledge of the gospel is growing.
Watching a Video of the Restoration
Notice the Chair
The biggest thing Elder Williams and I learned this week is that we need to pray to receive help from God, but we need to pray for specific things. Before we have been praying very very generally and working in a very broad unproductive manner. We decided to pray and ask where we should go, ask to put people in our path. We presented a plan and the lord helped us find a whole bunch of people who are super positive.

I asked him a few questions in my letter and these are the answers.
Here are a few of the things that surprise me about the people in Nicaragua. For example, people here have a ton of superstitions. People don't like to drink cold stuff or shower at night because it will make them sick. They also don't eat very much chili because it's bad for your kidneys.  So dad raised me to drink stuff super fast and devour food. Elder Williams eats very slow and drinks stuff sip by sip and it bugs me so much, but it has grown on me, now I sip my food and eat slow, I get less sick in the end and I have more food. I think I'm going to miss all of the families we have baptized. Our recent recent converts are really awesome so it will be tough to leave them.
Chinese Food Celebrating One Year Mark
Scaggs/Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment