Mathew 5:41

And whosoever shall compel thee
to go a mile, go with him twain.
Matthew 5:41

Saturday, November 7, 2015

September 14th

Hey guys, I don't have a lot to report this week. Our district hasn't had the best results in these past weeks, so we've had a few meetings to think up ideas that will help us find new people and strengthen the work here in Leon. Elder Lopez and I have been working a lot with our family that is progressing towards the 26 of September. Right now, the parents and one of the daughters, Gretel, has goals to get baptized, and we are hoping to help the rest of the family set goals as well. More than anything, Elder Lopez and I learned that contacting people in the street works, but it does not work very well. Working with members makes the work flow much faster and much easier. When I first got to the Paz Centro we helped 4 people get baptized in 1 month, and in the end we didn't feel like we did much work. We taught the people, but it really wasn't a battle. With the family we baptized by contact, it felt as though we were fighting every day to help them. In the end, my companion and I felt exhausted. Right now, we are trying to find a balance between contacting and working with members. We also had stake conference this week in Leon,and we heard some awesome talks from the members, and even greater talks from our mission president and his wife. I will be honest, when I first got to Nicaragua I couldn't understand anything, and I didn't try to. During the conferences my mind was up in the clouds. After a short 7 months I can understand more or less and I'm finally looking for spiritual guidance in the conferences. This last conference I learned a lot, and I plan to use what I have learned in the upcoming week, thats all I got for you guys this week!!!! Oh wait, Saturday night we got some mexican food in Leon with the zone leaders oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was so amazing, first time on the mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment