Mathew 5:41

And whosoever shall compel thee
to go a mile, go with him twain.
Matthew 5:41

Saturday, November 7, 2015

September 21st La Paz Centro

Hey everybody,
Again, not a ton to report this week. Elder Lopez and I have been spending a lot of time looking for new people to teach and helping those who we have progressing. Before, we spent most of our time in the poorest spot in our area called Kilombo and Pancasan, but we contacted pretty much everybody there so we felt it was time to move. Now, we are looking for new people near the highway. We have found a few people. Right now we are teaching a family of 3 . The husband and wife who are not married are named Juana and Jose. This week they have had some family problems and this is the weekend they set their goal for being baptized. Friday, we passed by the  house and had a very powerful discussion about baptism and Faith. From this, I learned that teaching with the spirit is much more than just talking. During the lesson we had to listen and look for the problems that were popping up. We have faith that they will follow through with their goal, and we plan to bring Felipe and his wife, our recent converts, to visit Juana and Jose with us.
This week Elder Lopez has helped me a lot with my teaching skills and language skills. When we first became companions, he told me that I gotta change up my teaching process or I will never progress. He also taught me that I really just need to relax and talk with everyone. This has helped me a lot. Before, I used the same teaching skills and questions without thinking about the needs of the person. Now,  I look for the needs of the people we are teaching, I stop and think, then I speak. After 12 weeks of practice with Elder Lopez I am communicating, not perfectly, but better every day, and I am enjoying my mission more and more.
Love you guys have a good week

No comments:

Post a Comment